Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Don't Want to Be Right But . . .

Two elitist experiences today.

1. A colleague showed up at my office to "share" something with me that would be inappropriate for email. What was it? The mildest possible questioning of a proposal by Dean.

2. In a email I asked a colleague if it would be possible to announce the availability of some fun opportunities so all those interested could apply and the best candidates selected. The answer: What I was proposing would mean picking less qualified candidates.

I covered the do not write it down rule in my last post. I neglected to mention that principles are only applied when they serve your ends and the "if you have no response, make up a different question and answer that." That, of course, was what happened in the second case.

No comments:

Post a Comment